Sunday 8 March 2015

Pike Lake Forge: Keeping Pike Lake Alive



What wonderful news we have to share!
To our surprise, just as Mummu's homestead was about to be sold to someone outside the family,
My Granny called my Father to check in - give him one last chance.
And my parents jumped in and bought it!
And so not only is it staying in the family, they have asked Kriev and I if we would like to build our life there, and so we will be the future owners of the homestead! 
We're moving in this summer!

At first, I wasn't really believing what I was hearing, and was trying not to get my hopes up.
All along, my heart longed for the land, but I just let the situation be, knowing it was beyond my means to purchase at this point in time. It was out of my hands. I knew whatever was going to happen, was a suppose to happen. Now that this news is starting to settle in, we are elated. 
We feel so blessed.

Mummu looked me directly in the eyes and said "Keep Pike Lake Alive". 
I took those words to heart, and thought many times, "what does this mean?"
Wondering if this was a task for me, the family- who and how?
Of course she wanted the homestead to stay in the family, so that was the logical explanation. 
But what if it wasn't to stay in the family- what then? Keep the spirit alive how?
At times, I believed I could keep Pike Lake alive in spirit, through our business. 
Mummu is everywhere.
Maybe that's enough?
Other times, I knew, if I stayed at Pike Lake, Mummu would watch over me.
Thinking back on her saying those words to me, I wonder if perhaps Mummu knew my future?
All we know now, Mummu is smiling down on us.
 I am lucky to have a supportive family to help us get started on such a special piece of land.
And we cannot wait to put on our new roof and build a future at Pike Lake!

…I think Mummu may have had a part in this destiny of ours...

No comments:

Post a Comment