Thursday 24 July 2014

...It's time to make PLF soar!

Well, I've been a little busy lately and at times overwhelmed....
Basically PLF is in the midst of writing a stellar business plan, with the help of the CEDC Business Starter program!  It's about time to take this artform to a new level and use this plan to apply for funding!  Imagine what we can do with a Power HAMMER! ...and a sweet set up!  I mean, I love hanging out in my Dad's shop, but that's the catch - it's his.  As I'm hammering, my anvils bouncing around, as we're using the vise to twist things we're trying to anchor it with our weight, or as the image below with pieces of steel pounded into the ground. (Dad has a heated floor -- so can't bolt anything down.).  With my own space I'd love to have the freedom to bring out other smiths and collaborate at ease.  . . what a Dream!

So now we're trying to sort out our dreams and aspirations and where we'd like to settle... we have an idea, but who knows what the future has in store?  We're super excited though, which helps fuel this paperwork portion and I'm sure as we travel to the ABANA Conference in Aug. we'll talk to many smiths that will inspire us!




No comments:

Post a Comment