Friday 10 January 2014

Metalsmith Guild

Metalsmith Guild!

Alas last night was the beginning of a metalsmith guild in our own Thunder Bay. Since I first picked up the hammer last year, I have been meeting people who possess a drive to heat and beat metal. A year and a half ago, I had no idea that people still blacksmith. Today, we are making steps toward regular meetings and hangouts where we can pool resources, knowledge and experience. I am moved by the enthusiasm by the college professors, catching a glimpse of what passion for life these people have brewing inside. Thanks to Jim Dyson for meeting with us. Our 2nd scheduled meeting will be Feb. 21st. If you are interested in becoming part of a metalsmith guild email me at todo.branco@gmail.com for more details.  In the mean time I look forward to forging with Ugly Wolf and Tyler Smith.

,Kriev

No comments:

Post a Comment